Fungal Skin Infections
Fungal skin infections are problems caused by fungi multiplying on the skin, causing various rashes, usually red, rough, and itchy; if the scalp is accidentally infected, it can lead to baldness, especially if you have psoriasis or eczema, The disease will get worse.
Common infections include:
1. Athlete’s foot: A common skin condition in which the space between the patient’s toes bursts, peels, and oozes.
2. Nail infection (onychomycosis): The nails are obviously deformed, thickened, discolored, and brittle.
3. Tinea cruris, Tinea corporis, Tinea capitis: usually results in an itchy red rash that may have scales on the edges and clear skin in the middle.
4. Intertrigo : a yeast infection of the skin folds.
5. Sweat spots: A common yeast infection, mostly caused by dryness, producing brown-black or pale white patches.